MindField Group on behalf of our client is currently looking for a Warehouse Manager to join their growing team. Our client is the leading discount retailer in housewares and home décor that has been voted one of Toronto’s best places to shop again and again.
This hands-on role requires you to drive overall performance of our client's warehouse. You will provide day-to-day leadership and guidance to ensure the quality, accuracy and timely delivery of products, while continually meeting customer service standards and increasing overall efficiencies.
As a Warehouse Manager…
- Minimum of 5 years previous warehouse supervisory experience in a retail distribution environment.
- Self-starter with excellent decision making skills who easily interacts with others.
- Strong multi-tasking and planning ability to successfully meet deadlines in a fast-paced environment.
- Strong attention to detail and ability to ensure immaculate product reaches our customers.
- Demonstrated leadership and coaching skills and an ability to share your knowledge and learning.
- Strong computer skills, including proficiency with inventory systems.
- Recommend and implement opportunities for process improvement, cost savings, operating plans, and improved service within the distribution network.
- Establish performance goals and customer service levels for warehouse operations.
- Monitor and report quality and production standards.
- Constantly plan out all warehouse resources and activities in relation to company objectives and set targets.
- Plan and direct daily work assignments of staff to ensure adherence to schedules and deadlines.
- Establish long-range labour needs based on forecasts and input from management.
- Provide direction, planning, and coordination of inbound & replenishment warehouse activities each day.
- Develop, motivate and maintain a productive work team by providing support, training, and professional development.
- Prepare and conduct all staff evaluations.
- Manage stock control: the receipt, storage, retrieval and timely delivery of goods; shipment loading and transferring; document recording and data entry into system.
- Ensure that a safe working environment is maintained at all times by enforcing Company and Ministry standards and following up on regular inspections.
- Maintain general housekeeping of warehouse and surrounding area.
- Manage daily shipping orders, with a focus on accommodating customer deadlines, rush orders and initiating any action necessary to obtain prompt accurate shipment.
- Assure that customer orders are picked and shipped in a timely fashion.
- Audit operations to ensure customer service standards are being met.
- Manage inventory accuracy through monitoring of daily warehouse activities, cycle counts, stock taking and audit of same to verify results.
- Arrange for annual, cycle and special inventories.
- Work collaboratively with peers to maintain a high level of inventory control through the warehouse
- A generous compensation and benefits package
- Bonus program – to be discussed in interview
- Flexible hours and work-life balance
- 3 weeks’ vacation
APPLY ONLINE TODAY